So here we go. My first time snowboarding didn't go too well. I gave up easily well over several times. I fell each time I went up on the bunny slope, and hit my head real hard a couple of times. The second time was the worst--Bern said she saw me from a few feet away as I hit my head and it bounced off the snow. Yeah it hurt. Anyway I was on my back after that for a while, couldn't utter a word out of me as Bern yelled my name. I got up, and shook it off, and sat where I was for a while thinking how much I sucked at this. But I kept doing it and fell each time.

At one point, I almost really gave up that I just took the board off my feet before I reached the bottom of the slope. I accidentally let go of the board so it slid down to the out of bound area. I had to tell our instructor to fetch it for me. He was a good instructor and helped me up a lot, but I couldn't get anything down. Finally, on my last run, I was getting the grasp of it and I only fell down twice. Of course by then my shoulders were sore but I pushed myself till I made it down. Yay for me.

At the end of the day, my entire body was sore like a mutha. I went with my two brothers, cousins and Bern. Everyone except Bern and I were already snowboarding on their own. They pretty much left us alone all afternoon to take our lessons. At first, my cousins were teaching us some basics. Atleast we were able to master getting off the lift without falling like idiots.

On the way home, we ran into some accident on the road. Apparently a car bumper had fallen just seconds before, and we were forced to run over it (the other option was to swerve left or right, but that would have been a bigger casualty since there were vehicles on both sides). Sparks flew, our van popped in the air as it ran over the bumper. The bumper then flew to the left lane over which caused another car to run over it. More sparks happened, and the car was forced to pull over to the side. Just when we thought the worst was over, our front left tire popped. We had a flat dammit. So then we were forced to pull over as far away as possible from the road!!! As we did that, a big rig zipped by and had we not pulled over to the farthest of the emergency lane, we would've been sideswiped!!!

We waited another 30 minutes before AAA installed the spare tire. As we waited, the frogs and crickets were singing to us. It started to rain, and it took a while for the mess to get fixed. But before you know it, we were on our way home...finally.

I'm still very very sore from the falls. I can barely get my head up, it's painful to look at my blindspot while driving, and I haven't stretched all day. My back feels like there's a knife in it, and my neck suffered through crazy whiplashes on the slope.

To make things worse, I thought I lost my cell phone again today. I've lost so many cell phones since 2001. I wasn't sure how I lost it, but I dropped it somewhere. At first I thought it was dropped in front of my house as I get into Bern's truck. I didn't realize that I didn't have my phone on me until we were at Bank of America. I called home and called my phone... and I got nothing. I kept calling my phone and I was on the hunch some kid picked it up on the way home (it was around the after school hours and we always have rowdy kids walking by from school). So we drove back to my neighborhood and called my phone, and passed by every kid and person to listen for my ringtone. Of course if they decided to pick it up, I'd go up there and harrass him/her for the hell of it. So we kept driving around, and finally someone picked up. I heard rustling and breathing but no one was answering and I gave the phone to Bern and still, no one was answering. Then finally someone said something and she gave me the phone....

"Hello?!??!"
"Hi are you looking for a phone?"
"Yes"
"I found a phone in front of the Christian bookstore--"
"Yeah it's mine."
"Ok, do you know the coffeeshop at Westlake?"
"Yes"
"I'm there right now. I'm in a green Pontiac Grand Am and my license plate is *******"
"Ok I'll be there in 5 minutes. Thanks."

So we sped our way back to Westlake. Apparently, I dropped my phone on the way to BofA which was right next door to a Christian bookstore. The man was there at the coffeeshop around the corner as he said he was. I thanked him with the most gratitude I could show, and left. Good people deserve good fortune, I hope he gets his.

A few months ago, I had almost lost my phone as well. This was at the beach at night. Bern, Brian and I decided to get some fresh air and walked around Ocean beach in the dark. We were re-enacting some scenes from Titanic ("Is anybody alive out there?! Can you hear me?!") and in the midst of excitement, I dropped my phone on the sand. It wasn't until we were warming up at an abandoned bonfire that I realized my phone was gone. Almost in a state of panic, I searched my surroundings for the phone. Went to Brian's car and looked inside out...re-traced our steps... and calling my phone to hear the distinct sound of my ringtone. It was dark and cold, and it made me pissed that someone had taken it. We walked by every group's bonfire to listen for a ringtone.

On the verge of giving up and crying in the darkness, Bern comes running behind me with my phone! She had been silently saying a prayer to St. Anthony, the saint of missing objects (or something like that). Then she saw a dead pigeon thinking it was my phone, but she heard my phone ringing just feet away.... and lo and behold, my phone was lying face down on the sand! No wonder we never saw the green light we were looking for as we searched.

Before that, I've lost my phones several times and never to be found. However, as recently as December, I found a phone I thought was missing. It was in the house as I was searching for garage sale items. Shoot me, I'm not good with cell phones.

Speaking of Bern finding missing objects, she's really good at it. One time we played a show in LA and I thought I left behind my CD binder at Rain's aunt's house (Rain is a friend who went with us on the trip). I sat quietly thinking the worst....I'll never hear my CD's again and I kept ranting how those particular CDs get me through the week. I wanted to rob a record store already. As we were strolling through Sunset blvd, Bern happened to have been reaching beneath our seat looking for something she had dropped, and instead she pulled out my CD binder. Hahahaha. That was a good one. Hahahahahaha.

This has been long enough. I have to clean my room now. Ciao.

0 comments: