I see a lot of postings on Craigslist looking for someone to do work for no pay. I don't have a problem with volunteering or internships, but if you look at the job descriptions, they're all actual jobs. It's not about learning from someone or assisting with this and that for the experience, but they are looking for free labor. THIS IS WRONG. If I wanted to do an extensive job for free, it would be on MY terms, not theirs. If I'm giving you that much of my time and dedication for no pay, and all I'm getting is "credit" you don't deserve to find someone to slave it out for you. Unless the job is for a beneficial cause or non profit, you can not call it a volunteer opportunity. It is not an internship if the "intern" isn't learning, since what these cheapskates want is someone to do a real job where you lead the way for FREE.
If you're already a rich lawyer and can afford to represent someone for free, it's because you're rich. Most people aren't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment