Hola. Before I start this entry, go to http://sputterdoll.diaryland.com to read my and my bandmates' current ramblings.

Well last night, my bruises got worse for some reason. They were normal all day, then after dinner, they got darker and some new ones appeared higher on my cheeks. I got even more nervous when I realized the stitches from the upper right side of my mouth had come loose. I'm making a phonecall to Dr. Hall in a bit to ask about it, even though my follow up appointment is on Monday. This morning, however, the bruises are back to normal, but I still should call in and ask what was going on last night.

It's been a drive-me-crazy week. The fact that I still can't eat solids is really making my life harder than it should be!! We still have leftovers from new year's eve, and they're waiting in the fridge. But I can only still eat soups. Bern said I should take vitamins to make up for all the food I can't eat, so I shall do that today.

Being sore like this is such a waste of time. I could be out and about promoting our upcoming shows and tour, and booking some more shows, but I'm not even supposed to be this active. Yesterday, all we did was try to get a freakin' show in San Diego so we were calling and emailing everyone we found, and I guess that took its toll on me because by the afternoon, I was so tired and stressed out and ready to call it a day. Maybe that's why my bruises got worse and my stitches came loose. Well at the same time, I had wanted to work on the new sputterdoll.com website but I still need more graphic materials before completing it.

I also wanted to start printing the cd covers but we still don't have a finished and approved cover graphic. Art's been working on it, and we gave him ideas to work from, and the sketches look really cool. The concept is supposed to fit with the CD title ("Don't Make Me Lie") but I don't know if the graphic will actually be obvious enough.... but I think it's kinda funny. It will be a 4-frame comic strip without dialogues, and one of the storyboards we came up with goes that a tied and beat up doll is being harassed by an evil plant, when a vaccuum comes to its rescue and eats the plant, but then it turns out the vaccuum only wanted to eat the doll himself with the help of his giant dustball sidekick. The concept is that you can't trust anyone and you're never free from being under someone's eye.... which one of the songs on the CD, "Don't Make Me Lie," is also about--always being under someone's authority. Well we still haven't decided which storyboard to use, but it's going to be something like that.

The other day we were watching Not Another Teen Movie because Mayla hasn't seen it. From her giggles and laughter, sounds like she enjoyed it. Then we were watching the deleted scenes, and it even though Bern and I saw them a million times, it just dawned on us how endless they were!!! After that, we had started to watch Queen of the Damned, but Mayla had to go home. Boo.

We almost went to watch Harry Potter yesterday but it was sold out. It was kind of a last minute decision to go because we'd been home all day booking shows, and Bern wanted to do something fun on her day off (other than taking care of me which she's been doing since Monday night). Ended up renting 2 movies instead, which we didn't get to watch.

Today I was somewhat planning on going back to work since I have lots of stuff to do and prepare for. But because I'm feeling dizzy and my worsened bruise, I should probably just stay home and not overwork myself. It's a nice day outside. I wish I could enjoy that. But alas, I'm stuck at home, in bed.... too bad the VCR in my room is broken because I'd have wanted to watch some old videos. I could also possibly bring my laptop in and watch a DVD from there, but I'm not in the mood for movies....just old home videos.

Ok, this is more than enough to write about. I should be eating my liquid food and resting in bed. Ciao!

0 comments: